The People We Serve
FCCAA has over 80 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 30,000 residents in Fayette County each year.
In Fayette County:
* Over 19% of residents live below the poverty level.
* Nearly 30% of families with children who are under the age of five live in poverty.
* The percentage of individuals receiving cash assistance (2%) is the second highest in PA.
* 36% of families have a female the head of household, with no male present.
* 18% of the population is 65 years of age or older.
* 51% of all housing units were built before 1960.
* 31% of all housing units were built before 1940.
* The per capita income is only $19,318.
* Only 84.6% of residents hold a high school degree or higher.
* Only 13% of residents hold a bachelor’s degree or higher.
Fayette County was also designated a Federal Medically Underserved Area for its high levels of disadvantaged and low-income populations. In addition, major portions of Fayette County are designated as Federal Enterprise Communities.