Housing Services

Due the overwhelming demand, and lack of funding, Fayette County Emergency Rental Assistance Program will stop taking applications on Friday, June 30, 2023.   If you have applied, someone will contact you for information.  If new funding becomes available, we will reopen to accept new applications.

Some key things to remember when applying for ERAP are as follows:

  • No future rent or late fees will be paid
  • Applicant must be at or below 50% AMI OR unemployed (with verification) 90 days prior to application
  • Applicants cannot have received previous ERAP payments.
  • Applicants seeking utility assistance MUST apply for LIHEAP/Crisis first and provide proof via approval/denial letter
  • Applications with all required documentation will be processed in the order in which they are received.  Due to limited funding, no funds are guaranteed.
  • Residents can begin the application process on the state’s website, www.compass.state.pa.us.
  • Landlords can contact Community Action on behalf of their tenants, but those tenants must be willing to participate and currently occupy the rental unit.
  • Applicants should provide an accurate email and phone number at the time of submission.

FCCAA Housing provides comprehensive and innovative housing solutions for low-income, elderly, and individuals with disabilities and is certified by HUD as a counseling agency. Services include:

  • rent, mortgage, and security deposit assistance
  • utility assistance programs
  • rental information and referral
  • budget counseling
  • first-time homebuyer counseling
  • fair and accessible housing advocacy
  • tenant/landlord rights
  • case management

In addition, we plan to establish contracts with additional financial institutions to provide first-time homebuyers with counseling by certified housing counselors.

Hours & Location

Family Service Center – Second Floor

140 North Beeson Avenue

Uniontown, PA 15401



Staff Directory

Each housing service has different eligibility requirements. Please contact the Housing Department at 724-437-6050 for more information.

Call the Housing Department at 724-437-6050.

The FCCAA Housing programs are funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), PHFA, Pennsylvania Departments of Community and Econmic Development, HSDF, FEMA, local Fayette County Behavioral Health Administration, and several fee-for-service contracts.

Stories & Testimonials Headline


Getting Involved

We are always seeking individuals who are interested in volunteering their time to serve the Fayette County area. There are volunteer opportunities to fit your schedule and interests.